Belu: how the UK’s most ethical bottled water helps save lives with WaterAidBelu is a UK-based bottled water company that prides itself on its ethics and environmentally-friendly approach to business. Run as a ‘not for profit’ enterprise, 100% of Belu’s profits are donated to the international charity WaterAid. At Zepbrook, we’re extremely pleased to be working with the brand. By choosing Belu as the drinking water in your office or business, you will be directly contributing to a donation to WaterAid. Here, we find out a little more about how Belu is helping change the lives of thousands of people and take a look at three of its best-selling bottles.
Belu: ethical and environmentally-friendly bottled waterA relatively new brand, Belu was established in 2004 by film maker Reed Paget. From the start, it was designed to be an ethical and environmentally-friendly bottled water business. Throughout its short history, it has achieved a number of industry firsts, including:
- The UK’s first bottled water to be completely carbon neutral
- The UK’s first compostable plastic bottle, launched in 2006
- Only British water, from springs in Shropshire, Montgomeryshire and Cambridgeshire, is used
- As no Belu water is imported or exported, food miles and CO2 emissions are kept to a minimum
- Glass bottles are made in the UK, using the highest possible percentage of recycled glass
- Plastic bottles are made with at least 50% recycled materials (25% for sparkling plastic bottles)
- Belu donates 100% of its profits to WaterAid, and has pledged to give them at least £1m by 2020
Belu Water and WaterAidSince 2011, Belu has been an exclusive partner of WaterAid and is committed to donating 100% of its profits to the charity. The unique partnership will see the brand donate at least £1m by 2020.
Belu’s donations will help WaterAid transform the lives of over 66,000 people in the world’s poorest countries – including India, Cambodia, Papua New Guinea, Nicaragua and countries across Africa – by improving access to safe water and proper sanitation.
The statistics speak for themselves:
- 2.5 billion people in the world do not have access to adequate sanitation – roughly one in three of the world’s population
- 748 million people in the world do not have access to safe water – roughly one in ten of the world’s population
- In 2013, WaterAid reached 190 people with safe water every hour
Belu Water Cooler BottleThese 18.9L cooler bottles fit all standard coolers, making switching to ethical water – and doing your bit for the environment and WaterAid – as easy and simple as possible. If you haven’t got a water cooler unit already at your premises, we can provide environmentally friendly refurbished coolers free of charge, on a no-contract basis.*
For more information about switching to Belu water coolers, click here.
Belu Green Glass WaterIt’s not just the ethics behind the water itself that Belu takes seriously, but its packaging too. These glass bottles are made here in the UK from over 70% recycled glass. No unnecessary importation of green glass is just one of the ways in which Belu is able to be a carbon neutral business. Plus, these attractive green bottles will look at home in any meeting room.
If you’re looking for environmentally-friendly bottled water for your office, try Belu Green Mineral Water.